Post by Forum Administrator on Aug 12, 2009 12:37:19 GMT -5
The HF Mentor Program has a mentoring capacity of 20 students at any given time. Listed below is how many students are currently enrolled in our program out of our max capacity of 28 students at a time:
As of Sunday, January 11th, 2010 we have
19/28 mentor slots filled.
Thank you for your interest in the Holistic Ferret Mentor Program! The pride and joy of the HF Forum is our mentor program, which pairs people who are interested in switching their ferrets to a natural diet with experienced, patient mentors. Your mentor will help you to switch your single ferret, or business of ferrets to a natural diet. They will provide you with advice and encouragement, they will help you provide a balanced and nutrious diet for your furkid. To get started in our program please read on.
The Holistic Ferret Mentor Program is run by our Holistic Ferret Mentors. Our staff is all volunteer, and made up of experienced, knowledgeable ferret owners who are eager to help you put your fur kids onto a healtier diet. Our mentors work with several "newbies" at a time. Because of our limited staffing we require you to sign up for the program and complete an application process before you are enrolled.
##Please note that because of the number who wish assistance in switching their ferrets over to raw and the limited number of mentors we request that if you wish to enroll in the program that you actively research this process. Members who post, ask questions and even start their own switch will be given priority consideration. People who sign up for the mentoring program and then do not post or check in regularly will be deleted from the queue. Thank you for your patience and consideration.##
If you are interested in a mentor, please copy/paste the application form below into THIS thread. We will review your application and Heather or Giuliana (the Holistic Ferret Forum Administrators) will contact you to discuss your application via private message. They will get a feel for your goals, your ferrets, and your lifestyle and they will pair you with a compatible mentor as soon as one is available. Please be as honest and thorough in answering the application questions as possible, it will help us to pair you with the most compatible mentor. Thank you for your interest! We look forward to helping you!
Please copy/paste this form and post it here in this thread. Be sure you fill out EVERY question to the best of your ability.
HF Forum Username:
1. Where did you first learn about natural diets for ferrets?
2. Please describe the type of diet you would like assistance in switching your ferret(s) to. Be sure to include if you are interested in feeding whole prey (live or frozen-thawed) and if you are wanting to FULLY switch to a natural diet or PARTIALLY. If you are unsure what kind of diet you want to put your ferrets on, please express that and we can help you find the best type of natural diet for your ferret.
3. Why are you interested in switching your ferrets to a natural diet?
4. Do you understand that switching your ferret to a natural diet can be a lengthy, arduous process? Its not an overnight switch. It can be a commitment of several weeks or even months. Your HF Mentor will be more then happy to assist you in switchng your ferret(s) to a natural diet, but you need to be equally as commited. If you aren't willing to tough out a potentially lengthy switching process, or if you have major life changes approaching (baby on the way, moving, starting school, getting married/divorced, etc) then it might be a better idea to wait on switching your ferret's diet until you have more time. Are you willing to make the commitment?
5. How many ferrets do you currently have? What are their names? Ages? Genders? Do they have any health problems? Are they overweight? Underweight?
6. What diet do you currently feed your ferrets? (Please include all treats, supplements, etc)
7. Have you ever tried to switch your ferrets to a natural diet in the past? If yes, what happened?
8. What additional information about yourself or your ferrets would you like to share?
9. How often during the week do you have access to a computer?
10. Please post a picture of each of your ferrets (if possible).