Well, I was more likely to to post-pone rather than give up completely. I'm practically house-bound now and that will only get worse in the next few months. When I had talked to my guy before he was less than enthused about the idea that all this raw prep and experimentation would be falling to him to do... (he's doing quite a few things to pick up the slack these days) But he was ok with syringe feeding her if I mix the soup up. So tonight Miss Liddle had herself a syringe full of a mix of chicken broth, turkey baby food, and duk soup mix. I'd say it went pretty well. We'll continue this route for a while.
I am having some issues with hypertension but thus far the baby is fine. My main issue with getting things done is pain in my hip joints. Don't worry, we'll be ok.
I finally have some progress to report. Liddle is eating her gruel! I'm mixing chicken broth, meat baby food and the duk soup mix. She took a syringe full, followed by two spoonfuls offered by hand. We put the rest of the bowl in her cage and I do believe she ate some of it in there too. Yay!
Sorry! I should have been updating, but there hasn't been anything to report recently. We've been busy and not feeling great (sinuses) so we haven't even fed the soup stuff in the past few days.
The next stage is to start using some pureed raw in the soup... so here's hoping my food processor will do a decent job. If I have trouble with that, would a raw egg in the soup be a good place to start?
My food processor worked great for me! I would fix enough to last a couple days so you don't have to constantly re-grind. I haven't fed mine egg, but I hear it is good for them. You can even grind the shell up into the chicken so that she will be getting calcium too.
Owned by the fantastic fuzzies: Piper, Jax, Angel, 'Topher, Sassy, Harley, Riven, Raider, Rayne, Mia and Watson!
Forever in my heart: Whisp and Jetta
Saving the world one ferret at a time!
Graduated from the Holistic Ferret Mentor Program September 27th, 2008
Sorry Jaycee... I'm really not keeping up on my end of the bargain here, am I? There just really isn't anything to report at this time. I'm too busy and/or tired to be really committed to the switch right now. We are still trying to give her soup but it's more like when we remember to do it rather than daily. The food processor has to be taken out of storage and cleaned and we just have so much going on right now, it's just one more thing getting put on the back burner.
I think we'll have to try again in a few months after the baby is here and we've settled in a bit. Thanks for all the help! Don't worry, we aren't giving it up for good... just postponing.