Post by michysweets on Mar 24, 2009 2:31:57 GMT -5
1. How many ferrets do you currently have? What are their names, ages, genders, and do they have any health problems (this is VERY important)?
I have 1 but me and my husband are going to be adding to the family within the next month.... he needs a friend..
He is 3-4 months and about 3-4 pounds...currently no health issues.. he did have a bit of a peek a boo tiny prolapse but that stopped after the hard core dry stopped.....
2. What are your ferrets currently eating? Include their main diet, plus any treats or supplements (such as duk soup).
Rascal currently eating a Pureed mix of raw rabbit, chicken baby food, wild harvest, orijen.... The wild harvest was what he originally was eating til i realized how bad...
he is also getting chicken jerky treats... cant find ferretone at all
3. What kind of diet do you want to switch to?
My cats are currently switching over from fancy feast to rabbit... and chicken raw from Hare-today
I would love to get a similar for him..
4. Why do you want to switch to this more natural diet?
My cat is diabetic... i want the cats ant the ferrets to have the healthiest diet possible, less health issues...
5. Where/what/who got you interested in natural diets?
Feline diabetes.com, the diabetic issues....
6. Please list the current weight for your ferret(s). Do they appear overweight? Underweight? How is there muscle tone?
3-4lbs he has a little bit on him, i notice him looking slightly pudgy but i am not familiar with healthy weights for ferret
7. What is the condition of your ferret's teeth/gums? (can you get a picture?)
Rascals teeth are very bright shiny and sharp....
8. Describe the texture/color of your ferrets coat.
He is a champagne and cream... beautiful
9. How often does your ferret go to the bathroom?
Less since the dry switch, um probably about every couple of hours.. pees alot more than he used to but i always make sure he gets plenty of liquid in his food
10. Does your ferret's feces and/or urine smell?
No not really.
11. Smell your ferret. How strong is their odor?
1-10 10 being strong he is probably a 4-5
12. On a scale of 1-10, 1 being completely lethargic and 10 being "through the roof!" what is your ferret's energy level?
He is probably a 6-7, ok and 8
13. How excited is your ferret about meal time (when fed kibble)?
um pretty uninterested lately....he will eat it eventually but isnt as enthusiastic as before(over the last 2 days)
14. Have you attempted to switch from kibble to a natural diet in the past? If so, what methods have you tried. Be specific.
Yes 2 times, once with a whole prey mouse( cut it into peices, warmed up and slit open), with some of the cats Hare- today ground rabbit..( tried mixing it with his baby food.. opened his mouth put it in, tried leaving it for him to try later)
none were successful....
15. What other information about your ferret(s) would you like to share?
he is a nipper we try alot.... to be consistant.. we always say no bite.. no good
he is high energy and loves to play peek- a - boo with the cats...
He luvs outings...
16 . If you can, please post a clear photograph of EACH of your ferrets directly below:
a.) Do you understand that by starting this thread you commit to posting updates on the progress of your ferret(s) diet switch atleast every other day?**
b.) Do you understand that if you will be away from your computer for an extended period of time you will need to exchange phone numbers (or email addresses if you don't feel comfortable exchanging numbers)via private message with your assigned mentor, so that we can monitor your progress and ensure your ferret's saftey during the switch?
c.) Do you understand that any threads that have not been updated in for more then a week (with no explaination as to why you are absent) will result in the deletion of the thread?***
**Note 1: If you are unable to make it to a computer (such as on weekends) please indicate below so we know whether you just dont have computer access or if you have gone MIA.
i will be only responding in the mornings :)I work nights
***Note 2: If you would like to try the switch again and you are committed to making regular updates you ARE welcome to restart your thread. Failure to provide regular updates will result in the deletion of your thread.
« Last Edit: Sept 15, 2008, 3:46pm by Giuliana » Lin23` Qk to Post - Back to Top IP: Logged
the pic didnt post sorry