Meet Your Mentor Nov 9, 2008 22:19:27 GMT -5
Post by Forum Administrator on Nov 9, 2008 22:19:27 GMT -5
HF Screen Name: Heather
HF Screen Name: Heather
Location: Ontario, Canada
My favorite color is.....Royal Blue
My favorite food is.... I don't have one...different foods different adventures
My favorite holiday is....Christmas or any day I don't have to work
My favorite hobby is... drawing, training dogs and playing with my furbabies
I like to listen to... classical and celtic music
Something about me you might be suprised to know...I'm an animal/pet and human portrait artist...I'm also a martial arts and karate instructor
I became a mentor because...it's something I really believe in and if I can help someone help their furbaby to find a healthy lifestyle then that's the ultimate high
About My Ferrets:
1. Odin...late alter male...5 or 6 yrs (rescued with Loki and Thor)...Albino....Odin is one of my spokesferts that travels to various art and charity shows.
2. Loki....male..Path Valley....6 or 7 yrs old (rescued with Odin and Thor)....sable.(a little gray around the edges and Mad Max's doppleganger)...Loki has had adrenal surgery when he was about 4 yrs old .... Loki hates all female ferrets, other than this particular quirk he's a sweet loving little fellow...well big fellow and is a member of my spokesfert group.
3. Thor....late alter male...3 or 4 yrs old (rescued with Loki and Odin)...black sable (i'm no good with colour names, he's a sable and he's black)....turned in as an aggressive biter, now reformed, he's dwarfish in stature and not the brightest tool in the shed but is a sweet loving furbaby, who now works as an active member of my spokesferts
4. Nicodemus.....male...Marshals....5 yrs old (rescue)....dark sable....Nicodemus was rescued from a petstore as a failure to thrive. He's the sweetest little fellow, not very bright...a little slow probably due to the high fevers and dehydration that he suffered as a kit before he was rescued. He is Mad Max's heartfert.
5. Maximus Hijynx aka Mad Max.....male.....Path Valley....8 or 9 yrs old (rescued with Mayhem RIP and Little Mischief RIP, severe biter).....graying sable.....probably the smartest ferret that has ever been turned in here If there's trouble to be had, he's in the center of it...if there's no trouble he's making it . An absolute sweetheart but will bite anyone who's not his family
6. Lady Sprite.....female....Marshal's.....5 or 6yrs old (rescued with Aremis and Athos (RIP)....cinnamon...a bouncy little troublemaker who loves to stir the pot. She gives fantastic kisses.
7. Aremis......male.....Marshal's.....6 or 7 yrs old (rescue)....blaze mutt (multi coloured)....Aremis is deaf and is presently being treated for late stage lymphomas and IBD. Aremis was turned in as an aggressive biter, but seems to prefer snuggling to biting these days.
8. Mr. Fun-go Squiggly.....male...Path Valley....18 months to 2 yrs (rescue)....DEW(with a black spot on the underside base of tail)....Mr Squiggly deaf and an aggressive biter that is presently working to be rehabilitated. He now has figured out that hands don't hit but still isn't sure about the whole snuggling thing but will allow himself to be picked up and hugged. He still has a long way to go.
9. Attila.....male.....Path Valley....4 or 5 yrs (rescued with Lady "B" and Ghenghis)..... blaze cinnamon...Attila is my alpha male, deaf and a top notch hunter of both mice and rats. He is also a member of my friendly spokesferts
10. Lady "B" Itchy.....female...Path Valley.....4 or 5 yrs (rescue)....marked DEW (gray "M" on forehead and a dark gray tail). Lady "B" is my alpha female, deaf and takes no guff from anyone. She was also an aggressive biter. She has a voice that would quail a fishwife and is my absolute best hunter. Pound for pound (she's no little girl, she's as big as some of my Path Valley boys) she one very aggressive hunter.
11. Ghenghis.....male....Path Valley....4 or 5 yrs old (rescue)....dark sable.....An absolute little nut case....dooker par excellance and supreme kisser. There's nothing better than a joke with this little trouble maker. An awesome hunter and a member of my friendly little spokesferts
12. Napoleon......male .... Path Valley.....4 yrs old (chosen by Little Mischief as his heartfert).....black sable....Napoleon has truly the most sweetest personality for a ferret that I've ever met. I would trust handing him off to just about anyone. My vet cannot believe how easily manageable and complacent he is to being handled. He is my number one spokesfert and often sleeps on the table at shows when he's not sound asleep in my arms.
13. Little Lady Babushka.....female......Marshal's.....9 going on 10 yrs (rescued with Pooka).....black.....little Babushka is my senior citizen and figures that she should get the respect that she deserves. She's blind (cataracts) and has an enlarged spleen but is active and happy little girl
14. Pooka......female....Marshal's.....6 or 7 yrs old (rescue).....cinnamon....when she goes flashing by you can't tell her from Little Sprite....she's a sweet little thing who can't believe her good fortune about not having to live her life in a cage anymore.
About My Natural Feeding Experience:
I've been feeding raw since 1996 or somewhere about then. I started feeding raw when my 12 yr old siamese cat died from complications due to diabetes and his brother was seriously ill. My vet said that she was seeing increased cat deaths that she was directly attributing to societies tendency to feed kibbles. I truly believe that our furbabies should eat what nature intended them to eat. If I can help my furbabies to lead a healthier, longer lived life by simply changing how I feed why wouldn't I
Type of Mentor:
Ground Raw, whole raw or frankenprey, whole Prey, Commerical Raw....just help get a furchild on a healthier diet... the only thing I can't help someone with is what type of kibble should they feed
I've been working with difficult and ferrets with different health issued