Post by Forum Administrator on Nov 5, 2008 1:25:34 GMT -5
Holistic Ferret Forum Montly Photo Contest Rules:
1. Members must have atleast 100 posts before they are allowed to enter the contest. This must be your post count PRIOR to opening day for submissions. You may NOT make multiple, random posts in order to boost your post count to be eligable for the contest. If you aren't elligable for this month's contest, just be active on the forum and you should be ready for next month's contest.
2. Photos submitted to the contest MUST be relevant to the contest topic. Don't submit pictures of your ferrets playing in the snow, when we are calling for pictures of ferrets eating mice (you get the idea).
3. Only ONE photo may be submitted per person.
4. It does not matter WHO took the picture of your ferret(s) (a professional photographer, or yourself) but it must be of YOUR ferret(s)
5. Photographs of your ferret are NOT allowed to be photoshopped beyond basic cropping, and improving picture quality.
6. If you win the photo contest YOU are responsible for paying the cost of shipping to have your prize mailed to you. (Payment *must* be made via paypal).
7. Prizes will be mailed approximately 1 week after announcing the winner. Upon being annoucned winner please immediately PM your address to Giuliana so she can give you a quote for shipping on your prize and get it mailed to you.
8. By submitting a photograph to our montly contest you allow Holistic Ferret to use your winning photograph for our yearly calender, which will be sold for profit to benefit the Holistic Ferret Forum.
Post by mustelidmusk on Aug 2, 2010 8:18:09 GMT -5
Actually, I was doing a calendar thing for the Mile High Ferret Club.
AT each monthly event, my husband and I did "photo shoots" of the ferrets that attended the event. The theme of each event reflected the month in which the event was held. the photos were distributed on CD's. we build the club calendar from the photos. But some people built their own calendars from shots of their own brats. The "ferretography sessions" became so popular that we had to stop doing them (the club grew, and there were too many ferrets to get through in 4-5 hours!
Anyway... I recommend that we had monthly submissions for each month. We build the calendar from the submissions. We have a small panel of judges that pick the winners for each month. The prize would simply be getting your fert into the calendar. (We know that at least 12 calendars will be sold - LOL!!!!)
That sounds like a great idea. Post for a month with a closing date toward the end of the month, allowing judges time to choose and the photo chosen for the following month. We could also take a look at what holiday is represented in that month but I suppose that's not politically correct these days ciao